Caring for your new Stand Mixer
Now that you’ve got your brand new stand mixer, you’re going to want to make sure to take care of it. Here are a few simple ways to help your stand mixer last for years and years:
- Read the instruction manual thoroughly. We really can’t stress this enough. One of the worst mistakes most people make who purchase a new stand mixer is thinking they know everything about how to use it straight out of the box. By taking a quick 15 to 20 minutes to read how to properly operate your stand mixer, you’ll be off to a great start.
- Keep your stand mixer on a clean, level surface. Ok, no rocket science here, but by doing this you’ll ensure your new stand mixer will not accidentally fall, and that your ingredients get mixed properly.
- Use only the attachments that are made for your specific model. Of course we all want to save a buck every now and then, but honestly don’t tape your hand whisk as a supplement for the correct whisk attachment. Spending the extra dollars will keep you happy, happy, happy as your stand mixer continues to perform properly year after year.
- Use the correct speed for the job. Of course one of the huge benefits of having a stand mixer is that it can speed up regular cooking but be careful. You don’t want to burn out your stand mixer engine the minute you get it. Be sure to reference your manual when mixing big batches of dough.
- Wash the stand mixer down after each use. To keep your stand mixer shining like new, you’ll want to make sure you take the extra couple of minutes to give it a good wipe down after each use. This will help reduce build up on the outside and inside of the stand mixer.
- Find the top rated product.
- Read the reviews.
- Read Reviews